- Anti-hestaminic & Respiratory Drugs (12)
- Anti-inflammatory Drugs (31)
- Baby & Mom (1008) +-
- Baby & Mom > Bath, skin & Hair > Skin Care > wibes (23)
- Beauty (1451) +-
- Beauty > Skin Care > whitening (70)
- Chemotherapy & Immune Response (111) +-
- Chemotherapy & Immune Response > Chemotherapeutic Agents > Hormone Antagonists >Enzyme Inhibitors (19)
- CIRCULATORY DISTURBANCE AGENTS (3)
- Diet & Fitness Products (176) +-
- DRUG AFFECTING CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM (47)
- Drugs affecting CNS >Anti- epileptic (21)
- LIVER SUPPORT>MULTIVITAMINS (12)
Medical Supplies (132)
- Chemicals & Disinfectants (3)
- Dental Supplies (15)
- Devices & Instruments (10)
- Diabetic Supplies (10)
- General Medical Supplies (8)
- I.V & Medical Solution (0)
- Intensive Care Unit & Anesthesia Supplies (0)
- Kindney Unit Supplies (0)
- Lab Supplies (1)
- Miscellaneous (8)
- Neonatal Unit Supplies (0)
- Operation Room Supplies (4)
- Sanitary (5)
- Sterilization Supplies (0)
- Surgical Sutures (5)
- Syringes (3)
Medicines & Health (1161)
- Allergy & Sinus (47)
- Children's Health Care (53)
- Cough, Cold & Flu (160)
- Digestive Health & Nausea (73)
- Ear, Nose & Throat Care (43)
- Eye Care (50)
- Feminine Care (155)
- Foot Care (5)
- Orthopaedic Appliances (0)
- Pain Relief & Management (31)
- Pill Organizer (0)
- Skin Treatments (221)
- Sleep & Snoring Aids (0)
- Support & Braces (8)
- Medicines & health > Gout releif (46)
- Natural & Organic Products (96) +-
- OTC > Analgesics > Anti-inflammatory Drugs (25)
Personal Care (1571)
- Bath & Body (100)
- Deodorant & Anti-perspirants (102)
- Ear, Nose & Throat Care (40)
- Eye Care (52)
- Feminine Care (164)
- Foot Care (7)
- Hair Care (277)
- Home Tests & Monitorings (9)
- Incontinence (7)
- Lip Care (10)
- Massage & Relaxation (8)
- Natural & Organic Personal Care (3)
- Oral Care (33)
- Pregnancy & Fertility (27)
- Shaving & Grooming (27)
- Sun Care (24)
- Prescribtion drugs > cardiovascular system > Hypertention drugs (65)
Prescription Drugs (907)
- Analgesics (67)
- Cardiovascular System (96)
- Drugs Affecting CNS (87)
- Drugs Affecting Musculoskeletal System (32)
- Drugs Used In Infections (29)
- Ear & Nose Drugs (0)
- Endocrine System (66)
- Gastrointestinal Tract (48)
- Gastrointestinal Tract (31)
- Miscellaneous (1)
- Nutrients & Blood Electrolytes (2)
- Obstetric & Gynaecology Disorders (2)
- Respiratory System (35)
- Topical Preparations (18)
- Urinary Tract Disorders (11)
- Vaccines (0)
- Prescription Drugs > Cardiovascular System > Anti-hypertensive drugs > Duiretics > Loop duiretics (6)
- prescription drugs > cardiovascular system >Anti-hypertensive drugs > duiretics > Aldosterone antagonist duiretics (38)
- prescription drugs > cardiovascular system >Anti-hypertensive drugs > duiretics > duiretic combinations (31)
- prescription drugs > cardiovascular system >Anti-hypertensive drugs > duiretics > loop duiretics (31)
- Prescription Drugs > Gastrointestinal Tract > Liver treatment (32)
- Sexual Wellness (146) +-
- strong anti-emetic & adjuvent used with anti-neoplastic (1)
- Vitamins & Minerals Supplements (342)
- Vitamins & Supplements> folic acid (1310) +-
You can return the product within 14 days of purchase.Returns
You can return the product within 14 days of purchase.
Ultra Vitamin D 1000 IU 25 micrograms Optimum Level Vitabiotics 96 tablets
Ultra Vitamin D 1000IU gives you optimum strength Vitamin D in one daily tablet.
- A carefully-balanced source of Vitamin D
- Vitamin D contributes to the normal function of the immune system
- Ultra Vitamin D provides D3, which is preferred form of vitamin D
- UK's No.1 vitamin D brand
Vitamin D is vital. But your body can’t make it without the sun on its side. That’s why Ultra Vitamin D 1000IU has been specially formulated to give you a convenient, consistent source of this much-needed nutrient.
Ultra Vitamin D3* 1000 IU (25µg)
Optimum Strength Vitamin D3
Ultra Vitamin D provides optimum strength vitamin D, a nutrient that plays a truly remarkable role in the body and is important for many areas of health. It not only contributes to the maintenance of normal bones and teeth but is also known for its role in supporting normal function of the immune system, normal cell division and normal muscle function.
Vitamin D is synthesized by the body on exposure to sunlight. However, many areas of the world receive insufficient sunlight and even in sunny areas, many choose to limit their exposure due to the negative health effects of excessive exposure to the sun's UV rays. These factors have led to widespread low vitamin D levels in many parts of the world.
Many national governments now recommend vitamin D supplementation for the entire population, due to the many benefits of this key nutrient. The UK Department of Health now recommends that everybody from birth take a supplement containing vitamin D to help safeguard their levels.
What is Vitamin D?
Vitamin D is a fat soluble vitamin found in foods such as mushrooms, oily fish, butter and egg yolk. Vitamin D has functions and benefits that are probably more wide ranging than any other vitamin.
There has been huge renewed interest in vitamin D recently, with new global research showing that the health benefits of this nutrient stretch beyond bone health. There is increasing evidence for the beneficial effects from dietary vitamin D which has shown benefits for its contribution to:
Normal function of the immune system
Maintenance of normal bones and teeth
Normal absorption and utilisation of calcium and phosphorus
Normal muscle function
Normal blood calcium levels
Normal function of the immune system
The process of cell division
For adults over the age of 60, it has also been shown that a daily vitamin D intake of 20µg or more from all sources helps to reduce the risk of falling associated with postural instability and muscle weakness. Falling is a risk factor for bone fractures among men and women 60 years of age and older.
D3 the preferred bioactive form
Ultra Vitamin D provides effective levels of the preferred form of vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol). Ultra Vitamin D provides British Pharmacopoeia quality vitamin D3. D3 is the preferred form of vitamin D because it is the specific form made in the human body and therefore more effective than D2 which is found in some supplements.
Vitamin D - the sunshine vitamin
While our bodies manufacture vitamin D on exposure to sunshine, the levels in many countries is so weak during the winter months that our body makes little or none at all, meaning that dietary supplements are often the best way to safeguard intakes of vitamin D. Many populations, including the majority of those in Europe, require an additional dietary source of vitamin D to achieve and maintain an adequate status of this important vitamin.
In addition, the body does not generate vitamin D when sitting behind a glass window, whether in your car or at home, because these UV rays cannot penetrate glass to generate vitamin D in the skin. Sunscreens, even weak ones, while essential to protect the skin, can affect the body's ability to generate vital vitamin D.
Vitamin D and the diet and health benefits
Vitamin D is naturally present in some foods (e.g. oily fish such as herring, sardines, fish liver oils, eggs, butter) and in a few foods that are fortified (e.g. margarine, some cereals, some yoghurts). Vitamin D is fat soluble, therefore advice to eat lower fat diets may contribute to reduced intakes from foods and hence dietary supplementation may be needed. In the UK, an average diet provides 3-4 µg of vitamin D per day and only a little more if oily fish is consumed.
There are several reasons why vitamin D supplementation may be especially recommended, including:
Government health advice to reduce sun exposure which can mean less Vitamin D is produced naturally by the body.
Reduced sun exposure in some groups of the population e.g. older people, those who cover their skin, certain occupations, medical reasons and those with darker skin tones (as greater skin melanin content can reduce the skin's production of vitamin D).
Increased requirement at certain life stages e.g. the elderly population, whose skin may not be able to synthesise vitamin D as effectively.
Those with increased dietary intolerances (e.g. lactose and dairy) or allergies.
People who are on a diet.
*Ultra Vitamin D provides D3, which is preferred form of vitamin D.
This information is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health professionals regarding any medical condition.
Vitamin D plays a number of important roles within the body including:
British Pharmacopeia grade material and GMP quality control
BONES & TEETH
Vitamin D helps to maintain normal bones and teeth
Vitamin D contributes to the normal function of the immune system
Important for many areas of health
NO.1 VITAMIN D
The UK’s Number 1 Vitamin D Brand
ONE TABLET PER DAY
Swallow with water or a cold drink. Not to be chewed. Do not exceed the recommended intake. Ultra Vitamin D may be used for as long as required.
Suitable for vegetarians
No artificial colours
Ultra Vitamin D is not tested on animals
Food supplements must not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. As with other food supplements, consult your doctor or pharmacist before using if you are under medical supervision, pregnant, breast-feeding, have epilepsy, suffer from food allergies, or are allergic to any of the ingredients.
Made in a site that may handle nuts. Not suitable for children.
Store below 25°C in a dry place, out of sight and reach of children.
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: