- Anti-hestaminic & Respiratory Drugs (14)
- Anti-inflammatory Drugs (138)
- Baby & Mom (1094) +-
- Baby & Mom > Bath, skin & Hair > Skin Care > wibes (45)
- Beauty (2294) +-
- Beauty > Skin Care > whitening (213)
- Chemotherapy & Immune Response (253) +-
- Chemotherapy & Immune Response > ANTI-FUNGAL (2)
- Chemotherapy & Immune Response > Chemotherapeutic Agents > Hormone Antagonists >Enzyme Inhibitors (85)
- CIRCULATORY DISTURBANCE AGENTS (15)
- CORTECOSTEROIDS (3)
- Diet & Fitness Products (157) +-
- DRUG AFFECTING CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM (120)
- Drugs affecting CNS >Anti- epileptic (46)
- LIVER SUPPORT>MULTIVITAMINS (22)
Medical Supplies (431)
- Chemicals & Disinfectants (18)
- Dental Supplies (26)
- Devices & Instruments (9)
- Diabetic Supplies (80)
- General Medical Supplies (21)
- I.V & Medical Solution (0)
- Intensive Care Unit & Anesthesia Supplies (0)
- Kindney Unit Supplies (13)
- Lab Supplies (2)
- Miscellaneous (22)
- Neonatal Unit Supplies (0)
- Operation Room Supplies (4)
- Sanitary (5)
- Sterilization Supplies (0)
- Surgical Sutures (4)
- Syringes (2)
Medicines & Health (2037)
- Allergy & Sinus (81)
- Children's Health Care (47)
- Cough, Cold & Flu (246)
- Digestive Health & Nausea (169)
- Ear, Nose & Throat Care (134)
- Eye Care (103)
- Feminine Care (271)
- Foot Care (3)
- Orthopaedic Appliances (0)
- Pain Relief & Management (151)
- Pill Organizer (0)
- Skin Treatments (593)
- Sleep & Snoring Aids (0)
- Support & Braces (9)
- Medicines & health > Gout releif (34)
- Natural & Organic Products (57) +-
- OTC > Analgesics > Anti-inflammatory Drugs (29)
Personal Care (2566)
- Bath & Body (205)
- Deodorant & Anti-perspirants (155)
- Ear, Nose & Throat Care (132)
- Eye Care (109)
- Feminine Care (306)
- Foot Care (10)
- Hair Care (366)
- Home Tests & Monitorings (12)
- Incontinence (7)
- Lip Care (14)
- Massage & Relaxation (15)
- Natural & Organic Personal Care (6)
- Oral Care (55)
- Pregnancy & Fertility (44)
- Shaving & Grooming (50)
- Sun Care (53)
- Prescribtion drugs > cardiovascular system > Hypertention drugs (199)
Prescription Drugs (2019)
- Analgesics (149)
- Cardiovascular System (261)
- Drugs Affecting CNS (140)
- Drugs Affecting Musculoskeletal System (47)
- Drugs Used In Infections (27)
- Ear & Nose Drugs (2)
- Endocrine System (118)
- Gastrointestinal Tract (168)
- Gastrointestinal Tract (155)
- Miscellaneous (1)
- Nutrients & Blood Electrolytes (2)
- Obstetric & Gynaecology Disorders (1)
- Respiratory System (90)
- Topical Preparations (18)
- Urinary Tract Disorders (7)
- Vaccines (0)
- Prescription Drugs > Cardiovascular System > Anti-hypertensive drugs > Duiretics > Loop duiretics (37)
- prescription drugs > cardiovascular system >Anti-hypertensive drugs > duiretics > Aldosterone antagonist duiretics (62)
- prescription drugs > cardiovascular system >Anti-hypertensive drugs > duiretics > duiretic combinations (56)
- prescription drugs > cardiovascular system >Anti-hypertensive drugs > duiretics > loop duiretics (56)
- Prescription Drugs > Gastrointestinal Tract > Liver treatment (46)
- Sexual Wellness (135) +-
- strong anti-emetic & adjuvent used with anti-neoplastic (1)
- Vitamins & Minerals Supplements (356)
- Vitamins & Supplements> folic acid (1435) +-
You can return the product within 14 days of purchase.Returns
You can return the product within 14 days of purchase.
Avodart 0.5 mg ( Dutasteride ) 30 capsules
WHAT IS DUTASTERIDE (AVODART)?
Dutasteride is used to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) in men with an enlarged prostate. Dutasteride helps improve urinary flow and may also reduce your need for prostate surgery later on.
This medicine is for use in men only.
Dutasteride may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
WHAT ARE THE POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS OF DUTASTERIDE (AVODART)?
Get emergency medical help if you have signs of an allergic reaction (hives, difficult breathing, swelling in your face or throat) or a severe skin reaction (fever, sore throat, burning eyes, skin pain, red or purple skin rash with blistering and peeling).
Common side effects may include:
decreased libido (sex drive);
decreased amount of semen released during sex;
impotence (trouble getting or keeping an erection); or
breast tenderness or enlargement.
The sexual side effects of dutasteride may continue after you stop taking this medicine. Talk to your doctor if you have concerns about these side effects.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
WHAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT INFORMATION I SHOULD KNOW ABOUT DUTASTERIDE (AVODART)?
Dutasteride should never be taken by a woman or a child.
Dutasteride can cause birth defects if a woman is exposed to it during pregnancy. Dutasteride capsules should not be handled by a woman who is pregnant or may become pregnant.
WHAT SHOULD I DISCUSS WITH MY HEALTHCARE PROVIDER BEFORE TAKING DUTASTERIDE (AVODART)?
You should not use this medicine if you are allergic to dutasteride or finasteride.
Dutasteride should never be taken by a woman or a child. Dutasteride can be absorbed through the skin, and women or children should not be permitted to handle dutasteride capsules.
Tell your doctor if you have ever had:
Using dutasteride may increase your risk of developing prostate cancer. Your doctor will test your prostate specific antigen (PSA) to check for cancer while you are using this medicine.
Dutasteride is not for use by women, and this medicine can cause birth defects if a woman is exposed to it during pregnancy. Dutasteride capsules should not be handled by a woman who is pregnant or who may become pregnant.
If a woman accidentally comes into contact with this medication from a leaking capsule, wash the area with soap and water right away.
HOW SHOULD I TAKE DUTASTERIDE (AVODART)?
Your doctor will perform tests to make sure you do not have other conditions that would prevent you from safely using dutasteride.
Follow all directions on your prescription label and read all medication guides or instruction sheets. Use the medicine exactly as directed.
Take the medicine at the same time each day, with or without food.
Swallow the capsule whole and do not crush, chew, break, or open it.
It may take up to 6 months or longer before you receive the full benefit of taking dutasteride. Your doctor will determine how long to treat you with this medicine. Keep using the medication as directed.
You will need frequent medical tests.
Store at room temperature away from moisture, heat, and light. Keep the bottle tightly closed when not in use.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I MISS A DOSE (AVODART)?
Take the medicine as soon as you can, but skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next dose. Do not take two doses at one time.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I OVERDOSE (AVODART)?
Seek emergency medical attention or call the Poison Help line at 1-800-222-1222.
WHAT SHOULD I AVOID WHILE TAKING DUTASTERIDE (AVODART)?
Do not donate blood while taking dutasteride and for at least 6 months after your treatment ends. Dutasteride can be carried in the blood and could cause birth defects if a pregnant women receives a transfusion with blood that contains dutasteride.
WHAT OTHER DRUGS WILL AFFECT DUTASTERIDE (AVODART)?
Sometimes it is not safe to use certain medications at the same time. Some drugs can affect your blood levels of other drugs you take, which may increase side effects or make the medications less effective.
Other drugs may affect dutasteride, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products. Tell your doctor about all your current medicines and any medicine you start or stop using.
WHERE CAN I GET MORE INFORMATION (AVODART)?
Your pharmacist can provide more information about dutasteride.
REMEMBER, KEEP THIS AND ALL OTHER MEDICINES OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN, NEVER SHARE YOUR MEDICINES WITH OTHERS, AND USE THIS MEDICATION ONLY FOR THE INDICATION PRESCRIBED.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided by Cerner Multum, Inc. ('Multum') is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. Multum information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States and therefore Multum does not warrant that uses outside of the United States are appropriate, unless specifically indicated otherwise. Multum's drug information does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients or recommend therapy. Multum's drug information is an informational resource designed to assist licensed healthcare practitioners in caring for their patients and/or to serve consumers viewing this service as a supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgment of healthcare practitioners. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. Multum does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of information Multum provides. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: